Brokenness, Revisited

 Are we really supposed to say we are broken?

https://www.cru.org/us/en/blog/life-and-relationships/hardships/but-christians-arent-supposed-to-be-broken.html

Yes, but no.

It shouldn’t be a daily identity thing. It’s not our self-definition. That should be “loved, redeemed, forgiven, dependent, relying, trusting, walking, obeying.” But if we feel broken, we should own it because we are all the time, just not necessarily feeling and experiencing and living in it all the time. 

“I used to think that God was intently interested in my put-togetherness. It turns out that was the only thing with which He could do nothing. I used to bring Him only all of my figured-out things. It turns out what He wanted was for me to bring Him everything, most of all my not-yet-figured-out things. . . . “I used to think that God was intently interested in my put-togetherness. It turns out that was the only thing with which He could do nothing. I used to bring Him only all of my figured-out things. It turns out what He wanted was for me to bring Him everything, most of all my not-yet-figured-out things. . . . Indeed, God was not who I thought He was.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Suicide in the West, Part II