Morning News (sort of), June 14, 2024

 Lying In is out, available on my website (www.barbaragrahamtucker.net) and Colorful Crow Publishing, or from me personally at one of my book events and at Rabbit Valley Farmers Market just about every Saturday. (It's in Ringgold, GA, on Depot Street.) Yes, I'm hawking this one a lot--I ordered 80 copies and want my money back! Seriously, it is good. Two professors of Appalachian literature loved it. That says it all for me.

In other news....when I opened up this section of the website to post this, it gave me three AI-generated blog post topics. GRRRRRR. One of them was Arcane Literature. Yeah, that's me.
Finally, a must read: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/june-web-only/break-blow-burn-make-lily-yu-writer-thoughts-creation.html I haven't read something so profound about writing in a while; I bought the book.
And today is Flag Day. According to the Library of Congress website:
Since 1916, when President Woodrow Wilson issued a presidential proclamation establishing a national Flag Day on June 14, Americans have commemorated the adoption of the Stars and Stripes in many ways–displaying the flag in the front of their homes, parades, and other patriotic observances.
I did not know of its origins until today, and I was going to write something subversive but realized that in Lily Yu's article she speaks of writing as a way of knowing, learning, and finding truth, and what I was going to write was my knee-jerk opinion. Writing it out and looking at it brought me to truth--the truth that my opinion didn't need expressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Annie Dillard on Writing Advice and Some Observations