Morning News, August 1

His mercies are new every morning.  Lamentations 3:22-23.

My contract starts today, so off to work I go.....as if I don't work every day as a professor and administrator. But I have to stop the flexibility and remote work. I am ambivalent about working from home; good in some ways, not good in all ways. It would be nice if my worlds could be separated. But it is nice to save money on gas and time driving and "getting beautiful" every morning. 

We are reading the New Testament through the year at our church, and I am more or less on target. Today I'm on Romans 5, but, you know, I just couldn't get past the first five verses. 

Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Selah, meditate on that. Just look at the nouns!

 On my last vacation day, I drove to the Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum in Carrollton, GA, which is two hours away from my home.  Nice drive, well received, interviewed the director and one of the artists for my podcast.  Lovely time and learned a lot.  Textile art requires scientific knowledge! And their current display is by Sarah Hendrix, who does applique quilts, and let me tell you, those take patience; hers look flawless and seamless, and I mean that literally. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Annie Dillard on Writing Advice and Some Observations