Confronting Job II

What amazes me about Job is the honesty of the book. There is no pretense here. Job may not curse God and may hold onto his integrity, but he doesn't hold back on the sarcasm, bitterness, and complaints, and why should he?

This does not answer the question of how to teach the book. I think I will do it thematically, picking a key word, a recurring concept. Of course, I have to go with the Sunday School literature, but I rarely let that control my teaching.

Curse is the word I might use in one of the studies.

Of course, this is to say nothing of the book's literary quality, I want to write fiction like this, but it will never get published by Christian publishers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?