Fiction

I have just sent back the proofs to my first novel, with the sincere hope that it will be available for purchase by the end of the "academic summer" (mid-August). Its publication has been held up. I hadn't even read any of it in six months or more! I have been working on the sequels and only referred to it to avoid any inconsistency with dates. Because all three books will be tied into historical events, I have to keep the chronology right.

I have just been reading reviews/comments about The Shack. I don't believe in critiquing something I haven't experienced myself, so that's not my purpose here. I am more interested in the what the commentors and bloggers had to say about fiction in the Christian life and theology. Story truth vs. propositional truth. I think this will become an even greater subject as postmodernism goes on. I personally want to write good stories that engage people on an artistic and emotional level, and that then may, and I repeat, may, lead them to propositional truths, or to think about them. I do not want someone to read my books and say, "She is preaching." That would be the end of it. I want them to read it and empathize with characters and their choices and then judge whether those were valid choices.

All that being said, I think my novel is good. I'll post the links when it's available for purchase. I know enough about the real world to know first-time authors make more money by being asked to do readings at colleges and conferences than by selling books. And I am excited about where my sequels are going.

Finally, IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? I really wish someone would post a comment or email me at one of the following: humteacher@charter.net or rekcut30736@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?