Creepy and Satisfying

I, like many people, have had enough of Obama the Rock Star. This website says it all.
http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com

Of course, the website is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and I am not implying that all Obama supporters are ready-to-drink-the koolaid types. I can understand, to some extent, why some are sincerely behind him. But the public statements made by many, especially celebrities, are just plain creepy.

To be fair, his ability to communicate something, anything at all, conveys to people that he will listen to them, and being listened to is one of the most important human psychological needs. What good is having a voice if no one listens? I guess I am too cynical to believe everyone will be listened to equally; in fact, some groups won't be listened to at all. Those with a prolife position will definitely not be heeded. There are many others who won't be either.

A second human need is to accomplish something. I painted a bedroom yesterday that should have been painted four years ago. It looks so good, but that's a lot of work. I am also planning to finish the first draft of my second novel. I hope this one will be more emotionally satisfying for readers than my first one will be.

And thankfully, we in North Georgia are getting rain this week. Thank the Lord for all His blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?