Random comments, including Bigfoot

Time for some random observations on life.

The internet buzz is that Bigfoot has been found in North Georgia. OK, I live in North Georgia, so there is no end to jokes about this situation. What was Bigfoot doing in North Georgia? (registering at Dalton State College; looking for Deliverance). Where did they find him? (that would win the redneck award--Murray County? Resaca Beach?) This story will go the way of the Montauk monster. Bigfoot for President--could he be worse than the two candidates we've got?

I went to see Brideshead Revisited. Having never seen the PBS version from the '70s, I liked it, mostly because Emma Thompson is incredible (she is especially good in Wit). What control! But as one critic said, I did find the Ryder character really bland.

Classes start Monday. Our college is busting at the seams, as is often the case in a recession. Very full classes. I'm trying a whole new approach to teaching--empathy. I've traditionally been a drill sergeant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?