Obesity

Today I saw a woman of about 250 lbs wearing tight stretch pants and a tank top. The sight was not a pretty one, and all I could think was "Do women like that not look in the mirror? Or do they look and see something different than the rest of us? Or do they see what we see and just not care?"

One thing I have learned in 52 years of living is the human capacity for self-deception. I am not immune to it; believing I am would only be proof of it. I like to think that at least in my self-deception I do not inflict myself upon others, such as the scantily clad woman of the first paragraph.

Tonight I went to a local church's Halloweeen-based interactive drama with a very heavy-handed but somewhat effective message. We saw sin, judgment, hell, and heaven. Cynical me found fault; several young people made professions of faith, obviously quite moved by it. I wish I could see the world without irony sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?