Goal-setting

Happy Day after Christmas. In my perverse, contrarian way, I welcome this day as a return to normalcy. As I am leaving for a short mission trip Sunday morning, I'm removing all vestiges of Christmas today (so I don't have to do it on the 2nd or 3rd of January).

We had a restful Christmas day except I cooked a lot because my mother, who had a heart attack last week (not major) got out of the hospital Wednesday and I didn't want her cooking or on her feet. I'm enforcing healthy food on her, and since we had ham and potato salad (not really the healthiest), I baked her a chicken. Our house is stocked with food for the duration, a nice byproduct of Christmas.

While I think resolutions are silly, I do set goals, and one is for this blog. I plan for it to be more world-conscious. So I'll start with missions and missionaries who are doing great things. In October our church had its mission banquet and I met the Larry and Sally Pepper. Here is their blog. These folks blew me away. He is a medical doctor who left NASA in the early '90s to work in Uganda and began a ministry to AIDS patients. Amazing story. Here's is their blog. http://peppersinugandaandlesotho.blogspot.com/

I am happy to report my novel is the best seller by my publisher on Christian Book Distributors' website. That means maybe ten people bought it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?