KISS

Our new pastor understands a simple concept: the twenty- to twenty-five minute sermon. The last two did not. Following his example, I'm working on KISS, less is more, etc. Overdoing everything is the bain of my existence.

So in my Bible lesson this morning I made the (only one) point of being thankful for people, as the Apostle Paul is in I Thessalonians. And we talked about who (not what, not when) we are thankful for. Truthfully, we should be thankful for everyone, the least likely especially. And then I gave them homework: write someone a letter like Paul does and tell the person you are thankful for him or her.

I plan to (over)do it and write three or four. And I should probably write about 100.

I have read some of my previous posts and laughed/cried/blushed at some of them. I am thankful for those people who tolerate my opinionatedness.

I also am thankful for everyone who has read my novel and even more for those who have bought it, and for the publishers who put it in print with their company's name on it.

I am thankful for students. They keep me in a job. They also make me see the world in different ways.

This is a very good spiritual exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?