Announcement

I am happy to say I received my promotion to Associate Professor. It's about time--not because of Dalton State, because of me. It should have happened twenty years ago, but I got sidetracked with having a baby, living in adjunct purgatory, and working in the wonderful world of the technical college system of Georgia, where everyone is an instructor, no matter what.

I'm tired. Teaching ten-hour overload this semester has been exhausting, and I feel like falling off the planet. But tomorrow I'm driving to Atlanta, Sunday I teach Bible class, three more weeks of classes, la, la, la.

I want to congratulate the many students who won awards at our honors convocation. The Foundation gives out a boatload of cash to hard-working students. Another reason I feel DSC is the best place I ever worked. Unlike most state colleges, it really takes students, most of them academically unprepared (woefully so), from all walks of life and transforms them into professionals. I wouldn't give this up, and I doubt I will ever go back to Christian higher education simply because it is not accessible. Yet Dalton is conservative enough that a person like me can live happily and not feel out of place. That being said, I'm unsatisfied with the status of the Baptist Collegiate Ministries' new digs (if they can be called that), but there may be a silver lining in this cloud. I feel that it was an over-response to an insignificant threat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?