Off Point but . . .

I wanted to post about spiritual things this week, but my predilection for movies is leading me astray. I saw two very funny movies that I should have already seen this weekend. Best in Show and This is Spinal Tap. Obviously, created by the same people, a little trashy, but incredibly clever and laugh out loud funny. The lyrics to those songs in Spinal Tap are too much. I bet a lot of people thought it was real when it first came out. Like all good satire--I'm thinking A Modest Proposal here--it tips its hand just enough to let the perceptive in on the joke, but is just as likely to leave the clueless in the dark thinking, "I never heard of this band" (or in the case of Swift, "how barbarian this guy is!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?