Chattanooga

Fifteen years ago I gladly moved away from downtown Chattanooga, but not so far that I can't go there within fifteen or twenty minutes. And the powers that be have revitalized the city into a place residents can be proud of. I spent most of my day there.

After church (I imagine I'll always go to church in Chattanooga, because of the clientele!) I went to the Chattanooga market. It was a different bunch of vendors today, somewhat. More produce, organic and local farmers. I bought some strawberries, met two colleagues and their partners, ate a sandwich and read to kill time before meeting students at the Hunter. I am happy to say that within a week I will be eating tomatoes, squash, lettuce, and peppers from my own garden and won't need the local produce so much.

I require my Humanities students to visit the Hunter because it is too wonderful a museum not to go to, and I always plan to meet them there at least once. The first Sunday of the month is free, so this was a good day. 70% of my class showed up! (7 out of 10; it's a small class). I was pleased. This being Riverbend week, a lot of other people seemed to have the same idea, since the place was more packed than I'd ever seen it.

I have the opportunity to see Three Dog Night tonight. Will I take it?

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for making the Chattanooga Market part of your day.

Paul Smith
CM

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?