Amphitheatre in Pompeii; interior of home with spectacular red paint




Street in Pompeii; I don't think the telephone poles survived the volcano!








Laocoon and His Sons in a courtyard at Vatican--not the original, of course.
Interior of Church of San Vitale in Ravenna; incredible mosaics. How these have survived is a major question for me.












The Arch of Titus. Titus flattened Jerusalem in 70AD; this relief inside the Arch shows the spoiling of the Temple articles. A family of Hassidic Jews were there the day I took this picture, and I tried to take a photo of the parents taking a photo of a ten-year-old boy in black with curled locks outside the Arch. Remarkable.




The Coliseum.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?