Let's Talk Some Sense

In general, I am for health care reform. I don't think there's a person in the country who isn't. Health care is a mess. But two wrongs don't make a right. The issue is not the need to improve health care (or delivery of it equitably to all Americans who rightfully want it); the issue is whether this mess of a bill (in its various iterations no one understands) is the answer, which clearly it is not.

I am convinced that the people who are protesting "for" this bill don't have a clue what's in it; they are simply soft-hearted people who feel it's wrong for many poor people to be denied health care, or at least denied the quality that a middle or upper class person has. They are well-meaning, but reactionary. Because Obama is for it, they are for it. Because it's a government-based answer, it's right.

I am also convinced that some of the people protesting against the bill are just as clueless and reactionary if they scream and act the fool. It seems like a lot of elderly are there, fearful of Medicare cuts. But obviously, from my perspective, they at least have cause: not knowing what the hoopie is being proposed, really.

I also feel for the senators and Congressmen who have to go and listen to women tell their problems and fall into tears. I do wish women could talk without crying. Some women's feelings are just a millimeter below the service, and the tears come out at the slightest provocation. I know well enough that they have more control over those tears than they want to exhibit, and I also know women use tears for manipulation, shamelessly. There are tears and then there are tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?