Oh, My

I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever blog again; it's been well over a week. I have plenty to say but it's all in bits and pieces.

Right now I am watching Mutiny on the Bounty (great film, by the way, and I'm talking about the 30s version), am glad my son is home for a few days, am overwhelmed with somewhat pointless tasks from my job, am looking forward to revising my second and third novels when the publisher is ready to get that done, am still thinking about doctoral work since UTC has decided to grant (close to) in-state tuition to us Georgians, and am wishing that Winter had not come so fast. It will be in the 30s tonight, all of a sudden, it seems.

I am eating a lot of Feta cheese and not much meat, for some reason. I am mad at Project Runway for booting Shirin and not Christopher. I had to post midterm grades but think the only purpose of them is to get students to drop the classes they are failing. We have 5400 plus students this semester but I have a feeling our retention will not be great. I have too many social engagements.

I have to go to the funeral home tomorrow for Dr. Fred Afman. Such a sweet man; he taught Bible for so many years and was so used by the Lord in young people's lives over those years.

I am reading, for no good reason really, a silly book called I am Not Sidney Poitier. It's a kind of Forest-Gump-Candide thing. I hope never to write such froth, and I regret buying it. The money could have been better spent. But I am also reading some good books, such as Robert Stein's on hermeneutics.

So this is why I am not blogging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?