Questions

It seems to me that the foremost excuse of the day is "I'm just so busy." And no one can argue with it. Yet, the same people who say they are too busy to do something they have committed to are also on Facebook playing Mafia Wars. We don't suffer from too much to do, but from an inability to prioritize.

I am so frustrated with my students' behavior. They are extremely rude; as soon as one asks me a question, the rest erupt into chatter so loud I can't hear the question. They walk in and out of class, despite my asking them not to. They text constantly. They are late, everyday, no matter what I say or threaten. I obviously need a different tact in the future. So what will work with 18 and 19-year-olds who act like they were raised by wolves? Will assigned seating? Will asking them to leave if I see a cell phone?(which truly have caused a great deal of trouble in classrooms)

Why are terrorists, who are war criminals, being tried in civic courts?

Why does Khalid Sheikh Mohammed look so awful, in both pictures--the skinny version and the fat version?

Why can't I like Sarah Palin but still thinks she's not qualified to be president?

Why is it self-serving to write a memoir if you are a conservative but not if you are a liberal?

Why do I watch versions of Jane Austen and Dickens, no matter who is in them and no matter how bad the screenplays are?

Why did I just get a call from a telemarketer that was a recording apologizing that all the operators are busy and thanking me for waiting? (I didn't).

Why do we write blogs?

What is it about chocolate?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?