Sad Day, Sad Week

I am disappointed that the House massed that monstrosity of a bill; if three had gone a different way and not given into the White House's persuasion, it would have gone the other way. It seems ridiculous to make such a huge decision on the basis of three representatives. In fact, we can blame Dede Scozafava and the lone Republican who voted for the bill.

When people's taxes go up and the health care system does not improve, those three and their cronies will pay the price.

The health care system will not improve until people start to take care of themselves and take control of their own lives. Will this new bill keep me from being run over by 400-pound drivers of those little carts in Walmart? Most of the health care in this country is needed because people don't take care of themselves, eat poorly, don't exercise, smoke, and abuse legal and illegal mind-altering substances. Will we now be motivated to do so? Or do I get to pay for all the morbidly obese people who need bariatric surgery, diabetes treatment, and heart repair?

I'm getting angrier the more I think about it. This will not help working people. It will help the poor and ignorant who voted for this president, well, maybe it will help them. It will at least convince them that they should vote for him again.

My disrespect for this man grows daily. He can go to Copenhagen to advocate for Chicago getting the Olympics but he can't go to the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. I'm surprised he's going to the memorial service for the Ft. Hood victims. My husband points out that he's all over the ESPN channels. I'm glad he's running the sports world. Actually, on second thought, he can run the sports world and leave the rest of us alone. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This failure to go to Berlin is too much.

When I am sick in bed I watch too much TV, and this is the result--an atrocious attitude. But I do hope and pray the Senate will take a different tact on this health care thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?