Much Ado About Nothing

Corny title about the weather. We have had an inch of snow and you would think it was an avalanche. It didn't really affect my schedule, except I got to come home early rather than sit in my office waiting for non-existent late registrants, since the college closed at 4:45. It was kind of pretty outside. But I wasn't feeling well; the week of cold has gotten to me, I guess, I'm not used to it, so I took a nap. Now I feel rambunctious.

One week into 2010, and I have been able to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday with her for the first time, visit a friend home from the mission field, get in good shape, almost finish a newsletter, teach the word, watch the nursery, read, work a week at school, advise several students, spend time with my son before he returns to college, help the BCM, exercise (but missed three days!), and walk with God. I am slowing down but that's still a good week.

Watched a bizarre movie last night, The Scarlett Empress. I took it at face value and 40 minutes in couldn't decide if it was intentionally bad or just bad. Creepy, campy, over-the-top, Mel-Brooksish. Found out it was intended to be all gothic visuals. It succeeded; really weird. I got tired of it and went to sleep. Sometimes you find a gem on TCM but this was not one of them; it was precode and very sexual in connotations. Left a bad taste in my mouth, as those often do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?