A Weather Surprise, sort of

We do not get much snow here. We should get more than we do, but the mountains tend to shield us from the snow from the northwest (Nashville gets it) and Southwest (skirts by to our south.) But today, the reports came true, and we got alternatively beautiful fat snowflakes, pelting pellets of ice, and freezing rain. It started before lunch and is still going on.

I was at work and the snow rescued me from a training meeting. It took me oer an hour to get home, and on top of that I had to stop at the grocery store--not bright, but I got out with the bags I needed and inched my way home. One side of the interstate (I went over it, not on it) was a parking lot.

Once I got home, I couldn't resist it. I got out our never-used sled and acted like a big dumb overgrown kid sliding down the street and then the yard. In between I went for a good long walk around the subdivision and observed the snowmen-makers and children enjoying their first snow playable snow in several years. It was cold and I got wet but it didn't bother me at all, which is odd because I don't do wet cold well.

Of course, there has been an epidemic of car accidents (do people not slow down?) and everything is locked down. It's 30 degrees outside and we've had three inches--I know, I know, laughable if one has lived north of here, but I'll take what I can get. I am going to sip hot tea and enjoy a good book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?