Update

Due to an incredible schedule in the last week, blogging has taken a back seat, although I have had a lot of ideas. My conference on Friday went quite well, and the end of the school year gets more demanding every year. If anyone thinks a college instructor doesn't work hard, they need to spend a day in my office.

The health care bill passing is sad. Gordon McDonald wrote on Christianity Today that any bill that extends healing is a bill Jesus would like. This is the kind of thinking that makes Christians look naive. Even if I dismiss the ridiculous "executive order there won't be any abortion funding" (and if you believe that, I've got some great land in Podunk, Georgia)--even if I overlook that, the bill is a debacle. The whole "it's not perfect but we got it" sounds like the ultimate in settling. "I know the guy I am marrying is unemployed, and ugly, and smokes and drinks, and has nothing in common with me, but I managed to get a husband, that's all that matters." The bill is flawed in so many ways that it's odd that there is rejoicing (mostly in the Democratic parts of Congress). It will solve very little and create more problems, and the liberals know that. They only people who don't know it are the "Obama is a Messiah and it's the government's job to solve our problems" crowd.

I probably won't blog again til the end of the month. I've been thinking about prayer, and discipleship, and teaching, and a lot of other things. But writing coherent sentences and thinking on the way to work are definitely two different things, and there are a few people who read this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?