Daily Postings Because I Don't Twitter

Time for some random comments.

Why are we wasting time and money having Stephen Colbert speak before Congress? I don't think we got the joke. I am not sure who the butt of the joke was (I think it was supposed to be the arrogant character he portrays.)

We need rain in North Georgia. I just mowed the dust this morning.

Why do weeds grow even in a drought? And if you water your landscaping, why do the weeds thrive the best?

There is an old saying, "A weed is a flower in the wrong place." (something along that line.) I have some pretty weeds in my beds. But I don't want them there.

A boat is a hole you throw money into.

Is there an inverse correlation between the weight of a person and the distance he/she parks from the entrance to Walmart?

The world's worst invention: Those scooters at the grocery store. If you can't walk because of your weight, don't buy groceries! (That's really mean.) Those things take up the aisles.)

I am reading a good but saddening novel, What is the What. Yes, that is the name of it. It's about Darfur, the Lost Boys of Sudan, and displacement.

Believe it or not, I am in favor of a variation of the DREAM Act. I would make it less sweeping, but I think a child brought here at 2 or 3 by his parents illegally, raised here, graduated from a U.S. high school, trying to get through college or serve in the military, totally bilingual (often speaking English better than Spanish), with a clean record, who has lived under the threat of deportation all his life, that kid should get a break. Those are the only ones I would give amnesty. I have a pile of students like this and they are great young people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?