Birthday of Pong

The guy on the TV tells me that Pong appeared on the market today in 1972. My fond memory of Pong. A professor at the college I attended was exemplary in asking students to his home. He had a Pong game on his TV. Most of us didn't play it: we just watched it, fascinated that we could control something on the TV screen.

Pong was unblievably simple by today's standards: literally just a ball bouncing back and forth against two moving "paddles." Compared to what goes into video games today, it's laughable, of course. But in 1976, we sat mystified.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is such a wonderful useful resource that you are providing and you give it absent free of charge. I love seeing web sites that understand the value of providing a quality useful resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around program.
Anonymous said…
Awesome post. Really enjoyed reading your blog posts..
Anonymous said…
We’ve a bit of difficulty to subscribe the rss, in any event I’ve book marked this great site, is quite useful plus filled with informations.
Thank you--I have gotten a little behind on daily posts, will get back on track soon. I have a conference presentation this weekend.
Anonymous said…
I’ve meant to post about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers.
thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?