Movie As It Happens

TCM, the only station I watch, is showing Night of the Living Dead, the first zombie movie I ever saw (or will ever see again, if you don't count that one with Will Smith--not sure those were zombies).   It's noteworthy ersonally for many reasons.

1.  It is a classic and didn't take much money or time to make.  Art doesn't have to cost.  It also doesn't have to take a long time to create.  On the other hand, trash can be made cheaply and in a short amount of time, too.
2.  The main character's (victim's) name is Barbara, so that's especially creepy for me.
3.  There is a young African American male in it as the "hero", very rare for then.
4.  The first time I saw it was on Halloween weekend in the 80s.  I had taken my forensics team to a tournament at Appalachian state and we had a party in the hotel room and watched cheesy horror movies.  David Wells, now a lawyer in Chicago, talked me into watching it by telling me what a great movie it was.  At the end I wanted to kill him for wasting my time on it.  David, if you are reading this, I forgive you.   Now I understand.
5.  The thing about zombies is their relentlessness.  They just keep coming.  That's a great hook for a horror movie.   

For a few minutes I had Bill O'Reilly on.  My husband called from the other room to ask if I was watching Night of the Living Dead.  Yes, I said.  I am watching Dick Morris.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?