Well, I Guess I'll do the Top Ten Thing Also

In fact, I am going to do two top tens:  for me personally and for "News Stories."  I'll start with the news (not really in order of importance, at least not totally).

1.  Oil Spill in Gulf
2.  Haiti Earthquake.
3.  Chile Miners
4.  Volcano in Europe
5.  Pakistani Flooding
Notice that these were natural disasters, and there were probably more I could put here
6.  Passing of Health Care Bill
7. Change in congress after elections and tea party movement, important because it engaged more people in the political process and that is ALWAYS a good thing, no matter what side they are on.
8.  End of Don't Ask Don't tell and the fact that some people are taking gay marriage seriously
9.  Shift of war from Iraq to Afghanistan
10.  The supremacy of personal information technology (social media, etc.)
11.  (Need longer list)  Economy still a problem and I'm not convinced we get it!

For Me Personally, not in any order either:
1.  Stopping taking two types of medication and starting taking two others
2.  Signing contracts for my two novels
3.   Being assigned editor for QEP
4.  Being promoted to chair of QEP
5.  Death of a close friend, Buddy Thomas
6.  Death of my father-in-law, Bill Lawrence
7.  Not getting a job I thought I wanted and being ever so thankful
8.  Seeing my mom through surgery and getting great prognosis
9.   Being reunited with lots of friends on Facebook.
10.  Seeing my son move inexorably toward graduation from college--it's in sight.
Other things happened, such as our buying a boat and learning a lot about myself and life.  When does that end? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?