New Addition to Family

Yesterday my husband and I adopted a dog.  We went to the Walker County Animal Shelter and a small beagle mix, male, 3-yr. old, tawny color caught my eye.  He grew on my husband.  He is attached to us and wants to sleep in our room (but of course on the floor), is house-trained, has not barked yet, and is not the friendliest dog in the world but will eventually come around.  Unfortunately, he ran off as soon as we got him home (our stupidity) but managed to find his way back from quite a distance away an hour or so later.  We know better now; he needs to be neutered so that might help the roaming. 
His name?  At the shelter it was Jumpy, which seemed more personality than activity, since his bag leg is slightly injured (it doesn't prevent his running away quite fast).  I don't like that name.  My husband likes Booboo, to which I am indifferent; however, that will probably win.  I took him out to walk this morning and he did his business, so I am happy about that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?