Spirituality

A third trait of spirituality, I believe, is peace.  Peace is not the absence of turmoil (although that would be good enough. I don't think we realize how much turmoil we are in the midst of).  Peace is not relaxation or denial of trouble either. 
I went to a sort of mini-conference today and one of the speakers addressed stress, and even more, strain.  She took us through a relaxation exercise with soft voice, closed eyes, ocean waves and gull noises, and darkened lights.  It helped.  But that is not necessarily peace.  I was in a room full of driven women, and I don't know why we are so driven.  Maybe because the immediate surroundings don't meet our vision of perfect and we think we have to change it.  So we live without peace and actually choose against it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?