Spirituality #10 and #11 and the end

With this post I finish my series on traits of spirituality, and I put this blog on hiatus for a while.

One of the traits of spirituality is willingness.  I have been thinking about the place of my online presence for a while.  I spend way too much time on the Internet.  I have to, to some extent, for my work.  I teach online, expect my students to submit papers online, do research online, etc.  This morning, for a short period, the college's network was down and I literally could not teach as I wanted to! 

Beyond that, blogging and Facebook and checking my special sites (such as how my book is doing on Amazon, and it never changes) is a habit, a compulsion.  Since another trait of spirituality is detachment and freedom, I don't like being compelled about anything.  For the Lenten season, at least, I am going to use the Internet only for work and basic email.  I plan not to open up Facebook or post to this blog.

If you happen upon this blog and like it, go back and read former posts--there are almost 540 of them, and I think the writing is very good in places (and off the wall in others).  They vary as to subject matter.

It's not that I don't have much more to write--I do, but what I need to write is longer and more involved.  Blog postings are by nature short, pointed, and a little narcissistic.

So, I will return eventually.  If you post a comment, it will come to my email, and I will respond to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?