Confession

OK, I  will admit it, although some will immediately stop reading this blog as soon as they read this.  But, normally, I vote Republican.  Not because I am in love with Republican politicians.  I'm not, but because I am closer to Republican ideals (little and big r) than those of the Democratic party (not even sure what those ideals are, except a vague kind of inclusivity.)

So I have to say I am disappointed that Mike Huckabee has decided not to run for president, although I hardly blame him.  The office of the president has "evolved" to such a point, largely by the efforts of certain bigger than life presidential characters (Roosevelts I and II, Wilson, Johnson, and Reagan) that only a megalomaniac would consider running for it and could survive the ridiculous media scrutiny and lies.  No one half way normal, no one with any moral center or ethical boundaries, could do it.  Huckabee is too good a man.  He also is too easy a target for the evil media.  But he would be a good president.

So Republicans are stuck with Romney, Bachman, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Paul, Caine, Johnson, Trump.  Hummmmmm.   I don't think Palin will go through with it, thankfully.  They say Mitch Daniels is a possibility.


I have a new suggestion.  Ted Nugent.  What the hey. 

Comments

Folks, please realize that last line is a joke.

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?