Reflecting on Truth and Our Lack Thereof

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/may/7-levelslying.html

This is a good essay on lying and truth.  We lie so much we don't even know it, and when we do, we find easy ways to justify it.  Sometimes we just lie by saying nothing. 

Does a person who writes fiction lie?  No, because he/she presents it as fiction.  Even so, one can lie, in writing fiction, by not doing it well, by not writing honestly about the human experience, by "messing" with the reader, and for a Christian, misrepresenting God (which I contend The Shack does, as I've written about elsewhere on this blog.)

I am coming up on 600 blog posts over the last five years.  My goodness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?