To blog or not to blog

This Saturday afternoon I am sitting in my bedroom.  Outside a neighbor is cutting grass and sunlight is sparkling off the elm tree in my front yard.  My little dog is curled in my lap, making it difficult for me to type.  But my husband gave him a half an antihistamine pill to see if it helped his itching, and the dog is very sleepy, as I always am after an antihistamine.  The dog doesn't even respond to his name.

We are waiting for our son to return from college.  He graduated yesterday; I brought home most of his belongings and he wanted to spend one more night there celebrating with friends.  We are proud of him.  He stuck to the plan, finished in four years with no debt and a solid gpa from a rigorous college.  The ceremony was very nice, but outside and two-and-a-half hours long, resulting in a pretty wretched sunburn on my arms.  I'll have to wear long sleeves for a while, since I'm two toned. 

I feel that I am entering a new phase of my life.  I no longer have his school bill hanging over me, which means I don't have to teach overloads.  I can spend the time doing more pleasant and useful things, especially writing. 

Is blogging a legitimate form of writing?  I suppose so, although I have little understanding of who reads it, and the traffic has been pretty low lately despite lots of posts.  But I am getting excited about other writing projects and other publishing possibilties.  I have two novels under contract but my publishers are not communicating with me right now, which is discouraging.

I would appreciate some input from readers on this subject. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?