Bundling

A lot of advertisers talk about bundling nowadays; for example, cable packages.  I'd like to address a different type.

The gospel is a bundle.  It's not the cafeteria plan.  We don't get to take out pieces we don't like.  Now, that doesn't mean we all agree on everything in the gospel, or give everything equal emphasis.  But we don't get to discard parts.

Specifically, my friend and I were talking about another acquaintance who dismissed the second coming, rather offhandedly, but would still call himself/herself a Christian.  If Jesus came once, he's coming back.  Now, I would be the first to say I'm not tied to the rapture as it is currently taught, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in the second coming.  And it really doesn't matter if I believe it or not.  It's going to happen, and even more, it's part of the whole package. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?