Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton

I met the author of this novel in April and found her to be a charming woman, even prettier than the picture on the back flap.  I would recommend this for a light and entertaining read.  She would be the first to say it's not great literature, but I did like the heroine and applauded her for her growing strength.  If anyone wants to borrow my book, they can.  The story is basically that a well-off, somewhat pampered and sometimes naive girl from Memphis agrees to follow her husband when he wants to buy and run a B & B with a four-star restaurant in Vermont.  She meets lots of interesting characters and has to learn how to stand on her own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?