Courage Revisited and Random Thoughts


1.  In an earlier blog post I wrote about hearing Maya Angelou speak at a conference and what she said about courage.  I have since found out that her statement was not, ahummmm, original. 
C.S. Lewis wrote:  Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means at the point of highest reality.
I like how he said it better.
2.  I signed up to do NaNoWriMo.  Because I have had a long weekend, I have been able to write 14,000 words in the last two days; I still have 11,000 more to go to hit the required 50,000 by Wednesday.  It has been frustrating because I have other things to do, and because I really do not have a plot worthy of 50,000 words, as is the case with most Christmas stories; they are by  nature short.  But it has at least forced me to get a certain idea on paper that I have been thinking about for years.  I don’t know what I will do with it otherwise, though.  It will need massive editing and revision when I’m done, and the original idea was that it would be a play or a screen play. 
3.  I taught a Bible class this morning as a substitute.    I am out of the habit now and forgot how draining it is, at least for me.  I have a headache and don’t know why.
4.  I live in one of the wettest places in the U.S. and today is symptomatic of that—pouring rain.  Consequently my dogs are crazy.
5.  This morning my pastor said that we probably should feel awkward and uncomfortable around unbelievers.  I disagree.  Jesus didn’t.  He was around unreligious people (granted, not the same thing) without compromise or awkwardness.    However, there are unbelievers and then there are unbelievers.  I don’t like being around unbelievers who wear it on their sleeves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?