Fortuitious? Or Grace?

I have had four instances today of unexpected occurrences where I could experience a blessing of God.

First, I went to a room during Sunday School wanting to avoid Sunday School.  I thought it would be a worship service.  Duh, it was a class for young singles.  The teacher challenged me about something I wasn't expected and had never thought about.

Then I was trying to call my son and called my mother instead, which I should have done anyway.

Then I went to WalMart on a Sunday and saw an old friend whom I needed to see. 

When I was checking out of Walmart, another old acquaintance was in front of me.  She was having trouble with her bank card and it wasn't accepted, for reasons unrelated to her.  She had to leave her groceries.  I paid her bill, glad to be of help.  Of course, she will send me the money, but I don't think it was an accident I was there.

These may seem like small things, but I was thinking this morning about something else.  When I was in 8th grade I jumped off a diving board into a swimming pool.  Why I did such an incredibly stupid thing, I don't know.  I can't swim.  The lifeguard saved me life. It was at night--I'm glad she saw me in time.  I blacked out and don't remember being under the water. 

We think we plan our lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?