Advent Reflection #25: Word Become Flesh

Here is a set of three essays by contributors to Christianity Today about social media.  I found them interesting. 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/december/social-network-churches.html

I post this as my advent reflection because they emphasize the bodily presence that is a necessary part of Christmas, the Christian world view, and Christian practice.  We cannot celebrate Christmas apart from one another.  "I'll be home for Christmas" is not just a song we hear on the radio; it is the longing of our hearts.  We know we cannot really celebrate Christmas via skype or Facebook, any more than a baby can be born that way.

However, my husband and I were laughing about the title of a movie on TV:  Escape from Christmas.  How bad must we have made Christmas if we have to escape from it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?