Downton Abbey Part II

I wasn't expecting two hours Sunday night.  That was fun, but I have to agree with some critics that some of the storylines are devolving into major soap opera.

Things I liked:
Matthew walking.  He's so sweet, the real star of the show.
As always, Maggie Smith's lines.  Don't be defeatist.  It's so middle class.
That Matthew told Mary to take a hike at the end.

Things I didn't like (and would like to get out of my head):
Mr. Bates (Brendan Coyle) in bed with Anna.  Isn't she like thirty years younger than he?  That was icky.
Matthew walking.  It's too neat.
Some of the dialogue.  Oh, please.  If not stereotyped, it's anachronistic.
The pacing.  Way, way too fast.  One of the reasons I liked the first season was the pace.  Now it's insane.

Things I wasn't surprised by:
The Lord and the maid.  I saw that coming from the first scene they had together.  It didn't bother me, only that it was short-lived and not well-developed.

Things I was surprised by:
Lavinia dying.  Poor thing.  What a tragic character.

Things I am not sure about:
Branson and Sybil. 
Bates killing Vera. 
The burned guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?