Mis-truths They Told Me at Church

Rather harsh title, isn't it?

But there are many, and I'd like comments and additions here.

"If you are a really good Christians, your family members will all convert."

I found out that Beth Moore's brother is a Buddhist.  Hummmmmm.   Beth is an exemplary person, so this one doesn't hold much water for her or a lot of people.

"Sometimes God will use the death of someone to bring their family members to the Lord."

I hate this one.  I heard it at the end of an otherwise good sermon on prodigals.  Only one person had to die for our salvation, and he did already.  This mis-truth hits at the heart of the sufficiency of Christ.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?