Saw Spideyman Reboot Last Night

My son and I decided to go to a late night showing of the new Spiderman movie last night.  I am too old to go to superhero movies, but I wanted to spend some time with him and I had been working on a doctoral paper all day and gardening and wanted something mindless.

I liked it, but I think one needs to go into it without reference to the comic books (of which I know nothing) and the last three Spiderman movies, which were done by other people.  Most of the discussions and criticisms seem to be based on comparisons to those other two works/series.  I think a movie should be based on itself, really.

The story was good but I get tired of action scenes, which go on far too long and depend, of course, on CGI.  Since everybody knows it's CGI, it's like seeing how a magician does his tricks.  

However, I rarely recommend movies because money is involved.  I paid 9.50 for the experience and can't say it was worth it. 

On the other hand, I saw the trailer for Les Miserables, coming out in Christmas. Now there's a movie I'll see on the first weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?