Chick-Fil-A ad nauseum

Now all the Christians are being chastised for not being loving enough for going to chick-fil-A.  (I did not.  I sat with my mother during her chemo treatment all day.)

http://matthewpaulturner.net/f1/5-reasons-why-the-church-failed-yesterday/

Please.  Why do people overlook all the ministries Christians do in times like this?  If the Christians all went on strike for a week, did absolutely no mission work in the name of Christ, what would happen?  Millions would go hungry.  Give me a break.  I am not going to made to feel guilty because of a chicken sandwich.  That is insulting.

Never have so many said so much and so little about a chicken sandwich.

Comments

drgregb said…
Perhaps some people ate chicken for lunch because they truly wanted to have a voice (or is it 'tongue'?)

But far too many people, I fear, ate chicken at Chick-fil-A because they need a cause. If I understand what you are saying, making a mark in our world is a daily commitment to something we would die for, not a passing cause.
Yes. TWo things got conflated: support for free speech and support (opposition to) same sex marriage. Also, non christians and Christians got conflated.

My only real beef (ha, ha) is that Mr. Cathy is being treated like a martyr. He's not, just like buying a sandwich is hardly a stand for something.

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?