Advent Thoughts, #11

Nothing too spiritual today.  I am by nature running behind on social commitments and holiday preparations.  I can never really get into the holidays until school is out.  Last night we got our tree up, sans lights.  My husband wanted to try it without lights.  I have made my fruitcake and wrapped it in cheesecloth and rum.  Today I go shopping at the mall, a rare trip for me.  We are celebrating my son's birthday tonight (it's tomorrow, the singular day of my life as a Kallman's syndrome sufferer, to give birth to my precious son, who is really a good person who loves God in his own way.)  I turn 57 next week myself.  I have a few parties to attend but more normal than last year.  I am spending my time off reading doctoral material and a book on neuroscience and decision-making by Jonah Lehrer.  It's fascinating.  Watched two old Westerns last night, The Magnificent Seven and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (I see where Quentin Tarantino got his inspiration). 

The end of the year gives me an opportunity to recalibrate.  Our walk with God needs constant recalibration.  Daily if possible.

Louis Pasteur said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."  A student group with the technical colleges has a motto, "Success favors the prepared mind." (I like that better.)  Aha moments come from deep reading, reflection, and experience; epiphanies do not come from nowhere. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?