Advent Thoughts, #8

Christmas time lends itself to stories, perhaps because the spirit of it (what some may think of as schmaltz, but not always) puts us in a frame of mind to suspend disbelief or critique and just enjoy the story.  So we have a wealth of Christmas stories and movies.  I even wrote one, which I think is very good, but I can't get much traction with it.  I can't even give it away (it's on Kindle).  70% of the price goes to World Vision, and it's only $1.99!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Christmas-Visitors-ebook/dp/B007P6EEF4/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333322922&sr=1-4

This is my advent post today--read a good Christmas story.  The best is the real one of course.  My favorite human one is The Christmas Carol.  Tolstoy has a good one, "Where Love Is."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?