Reflections from the Valley of Vision

As I wrote earlier, I have been reading the Valley of Vision, a collection of Puritan prayers, but it took me a couple of weeks to get past the first page.  Every line is rich.  Some thoughts.

Let me find . . . thy joy in my sorrow.

Over what am I sorrowful?  I am sorry, but am I sorrowful?

That young people die often from sinful decisions.
That children are abused and killed from the womb on
That my mother is facing a deadly disease
That my husband is imprisoned in mental illness
That our country is run by liars.
That the church is not holy and is pursuing pleasure and cultural relevance instead of obedience
That so many Christians face real persecution every day of their lives
That the rich of the world--like me--hold on to their wealth more than to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?