Post 1002: Something secular: Hunger Games

I finally watched THE HUNGER GAMES last night on Netflix.  I thought it was a pretty good adaptation of the book; all adaptations will leave some fans unhappy.  I'm not that addicted to the books, although I am reading the last one and have about 100 pages.

I had put off watching the movie because of the violence toward children.  It wasn't as bad as I expected; the children who did the killing were mostly adults anyway (and played by them).  The book and movie are not realism, but a type of science fiction, so judging it based on realism, or saying the acting wasn't realistic, seems kind of silly.  What matters to me here are the visual aspects and storytelling, which were satisfying.

I am not as into the third book because I think making Katniss a Terminator soldier is a bit much.  I am also not sure she is changing or developing.  Will Katniss be any different from the one on the first page of the first novel?  Interesting question to debate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?