Random Thoughts

When your friends' children are young and in elementary school, you get asked to buy candles and gifts for fundraisers.
When they get older, you get asked to sponsor them for mission trips.

I am always amazed by the search terms that lead to this blog.  The majority of them are about communication studies or Kallman's syndrome.  But one yesterday was about the execution of Barbara Graham in the gas chamber in California back in the '50s, about which a great movie, I Want to Live, was made with Susan Hayward (always played the tough chick).  My maiden name is Barbara Graham, hence the Barbara Graham Tucker.

When I am home during school breaks, and working at home, my husband turns on ESPN in the morning and I get to hear, at least twice, Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bailess argue.  And argue.  And argue.  What is the draw with these two?  Why do they merit a TV show?  Do people just watch them to get angry and aggressive?  Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Kevin Durant........ ad infinitum.  Stephen A (as Skip calls him, and I can't tell if he's being snarky or respectful or if that's just the dude's name) defends Tiger Woods at every turn--which puts him in the doghouse for me.  If Tiger were a mass murdere, Stephen A would find a way to defend him.  Skip parses every word, reminding me of an English professor explicating a poem.  And they are on twice every day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?