Coincidences

Today I was talking with a friend whom I have known about eight years.  She and I go to the same church and are now in the same Bible class.  She is from the Netherlands and recently returned from a four-year stay there; I am glad she is back.  She casually mentioned that she used to teach an aerobics class at a specific YMCA.  A light went off in my head.

One day in the late '90s I went to that Y for an exercise class and had an instructor with a (I thought) German accent.  She was thin and direct (blunt) and made a comment about how Americans call the bathrooms "restrooms" and that when she came to the US she thought there would be beds in the restrooms.  That stuck with me for years.

I realized that that instructor was my friend standing in front of me.  However, she was not a Christian at the time.  Interestingly, she is one of the warmest and most attractive (in the personality sense as well as looks ways) people I know; that instructor was not so much.  I can see how her conversion changed her.

The church, we Christians who care about the church and the ONE WHO LOVES IT, should step out of the way and let the power make us warm and attractive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?