Facebook Browsing

One woman, a missionary wife, wrote of how she saw a person who needed hope, a friend, or encouragement and walked by him.  A friend wrote, " I wish more people would say..."I yelled at my kids today....or, I chose not to forgive my husband and gave into my flesh instead." Then facebook would resemble real life more and offer authentic connection instead of superficial cyber-reality."  

That's the good one for the day.

A friend who works in Hollywood wrote the Disney (which he adores) has stopped development of a remake of 20,000 Leagues under the sea "in light of The Lone Ranger" (I assume he means how bad it is).  One of his friends wrote, "No more Captain Rahab," to which my friend responded that he meant Captain Nemo, that Captain Ahab was looking for Moby Dick, and Rahab was the prostitute in Jericho.

Another friend wrote that she had a spiritual orgasm in church this morning.  Oh, my.

Another colleague posted a photo that I can't get to show here, but it was of those little stickers on the back windows of cars.  One was Darth Vader, one was Princess Leia as slave girl, and one was a little Leia with a Jedi sword.  I think they are confused either about the stickers or the Star Wars lineage.

Lots of stuff still about Martin-Zimmerman case.  Again, as if we know something, everyone has an opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?