Grace and Consequences

I don't think we realize as "good church people" how sinful we are because (a) we lack imagination to compare ourselves to Christ rather than to others around us, and (b) we do not see how grace covers the unforeseen, unknowable, and unrealized consequences of our sin.  I don't think grace just covers the sinful act; it erases, or negates, or mitigates, or perhaps transforms the after-effects of it.  I made many mistakes as a parents, But God forgave me and allowed my son to thrive despite it.  I have been protected from knowing, seeing, and living the consequences of my sin but more, I believe others have to.  Much of my sin is in my heart and in my mouth. 

The Valley of Vision continues to amaze me.  "Thou dost stand as a rock between the scorching sun and my soul, and I live under the cool lee-side as one elect."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?