This article explains it all

http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

What does this explain?

First, I have heard all my life about the great saints who got up to pray at 3:00 in the morning.  But they probably went back to sleep!  yes, if you wake up at night (and apparently you should, from this research) use it to pray, to write, to read!

Second, I have slept like this for years and thought it was just to go to the bathroom! 

Third, we don't sleep enough, and we think we are special if we don't.  Baloney.  If we slept like our body wants us to, we would be thinner, happier, and more productive.  I must sleep eight hours a night to function, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it just because someone else says they sleep six.  Good for them. 

We would be much better off if we slept the same every night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?