A couple of new addictions

That title was meant to hook people.  We have, as a society, taken to calling strong desires and habits addictions, even when they are not. 

But two things I have recently been "turned on to" (what a cliche) are Foyle's War and Vanilla Chai Tea.  We can watch all the old episodes of Foyle's War on Netflix, and new ones are on Masterpiece Mystery now.  I am totally enthralled by them; I find them so nuanced, with such great production values (except all the cars look new, of course, but that's always the case because the cars are classics and the owners want them taken care of.  They wouldn't be new at the time of the war in Britain.)  They take a lot of mind work, though; they are not for the casual watcher.  I have learned some history from them, and they are totally from a British point of view in terms of the war.  I also find it interesting that the only people who swear are the Americans; the British must have seen the American soldiers as pretty profligate. 

Vanilla Chai Tea is delicious but takes more time to make than other hot drinks, so it's a treat when I get it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?